Welcome to St Michael’s Parish
Under the care of the Congregation of St Michael the Archangel
The parish of St Michael’s is a faith-filled and faithful Catholic community striving to follow in the footsteps of our Lord Jesus Christ through the intercession of Mary, Help of Christians and under the protection of St Michael and God’s Holy Angels.
Led by the Holy Spirit, we want to make Christ present in our local community and in the world.
Our parish is part of the St George Deanery and belongs to the Archdiocese of Sydney.
We at St Michael’s are committed to calling each other by name, making Jesus present among us, and being the hands of the body of Christ.
We actively celebrate Liturgy together. We support and care for each other, accepting and valuing diversity. We share the responsibility for the life of the Parish by giving of our time, talent and gifts and being continually open to renewal.
COVID Safe directions when attending Mass or devotions at St Michael’s Church
Fr Janusz and Fr George are imploring everyone to strictly adhere to the imposed restrictions (by the NSW government and by the Archdiocese of Sydney) as set out below.
Non-compliance may mean personal fines and fines levied against St Michael Parish.
Our aim is to keep our Church open and welcoming for all of God’s people.
1. Please pray at home if you have any respiratory symptoms (runny nose, sore throat, earache, coughing) or have been at COVID hotspots and seek medical attention. COVID-19 testing is recommended by NSW Health when people are symptomatic or have been exposed to COVID-19.
2. Signing in/registration for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing:
The Archdiocese of Sydney REQUIRES EVERYONE to write their name and contact number on the sign-in sheet provided prior to attending Mass or devotion. Please use your own pen to sign in. If you are using the pen provided, then use hand sanitiser after writing your details.
We shall also be using QR code for registration in the future.
3. The wearing of masks is now mandatory during Mass and devotions inside the Church. The piety stall has re-usable cloth face masks available for purchase ($6.00 each).
4. The 4 sqm rule applies for all Masses and devotion but members of the same household should sit next to each other. The choir loft and the side chapel are available. If the Church is “full” (mindful of the 4sqm rule) then please sit outside. The speakers will allow you to follow the Mass. Come in and queue for Holy Communion.
5. Congregational singing is again not allowed.
6. Holy Communion:
Observe social distancing when queuing.
The Archdiocese still recommends Holy Communion on the hand. If receiving on the tongue, you must queue last.
7. Wash your hands or use hand sanitiser before coming to the Church.
8. If possible, bring your own hand sanitiser.
9. Avoid touching anything.
10. Please cough or sneeze into your elbow.
11. Hand sanitiser is available inside the Church.
12. DO NOT CLOSE THE WINDOWS. Allow the acolytes to do this if needed. Open windows means better ventilation which can help disperse coronavirus aerosols.